The school has a service level agreement with Activate Careers whose services are tailored to meet the individual Independent Advice and Guidance of our students. (The service level agreement meets the statutory requirements specified by the Department for Education.)
Our students benefit from the following activities:
- Group presentations covering self-awareness, choices and options, careers exploration, writing a CV/Application Form – covered in Sixth Form
- Face to face individual careers guidance with supporting written action plan – Sixth form
- Destinations support
- Group sessions led by consultants on topics which include, job search and interview skills
- Employment websites and resources
- Careers data
- Completing College application forms
- Group sessions for KS3 and KS4 students to explore a range vocational options
The school offers two Careers guidance interactive workshops each year to pupils in our two Key Stage 3 groups and a further two interactive workshop to pupils in Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5, through Activate Learning. These workshops are planned to include self-awareness, choices and options at 16 and 19, careers exploration and the writing of CVs and Application Forms.
For those students in Year 14 there are three individual sessions offering careers advice and guidance with the compilation of related action plans as an outcome to these meetings.
Destination information is also made available annually for those students leaving the school at the end of Key Stage 4 and/or Key Stage 5.
This information is gathered and reported to meet OCC deadlines and is in keeping with DfE Requirements.
Karen Fourie is the schools Career Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01865 452725