The special school nurses for John Watson School are:
- Kim Willoughby – Senior Special School Nurse
- Andrea Farres – Special School Nurse
They work part-time in school on term-time only contracts.
Please see attached leaflet for details of the nursing service. For nurses availability please contact the school office.
Part of the school nurse role is to enable all children to access education regardless of their health needs and to ensure we meet these health needs while in education.
Part of our role is health advice, and to enable us to keep a healthy school, please follow the advice below which follows guidelines from the Health Protection Agency:
- If your child has diarrhoea or vomits they should be kept off school until they have 48 hours free from either diarrhoea or vomiting.
- If your child has had, or been in contact with, any infectious diseases, i.e. chicken pox, please advise the school so we can protect other children and staff.
- If your child has a rash or skin lesions please contact your GP for advice.
Additionally, please note:
- All medications should be given at home unless absolutely required during the school day. If your child needs medication in school please contact us for advice. You will also need to complete a consent form.
- We don’t give paracetamol in school unless you request us to and complete the relevant consent form.
- We do not give antibiotics in school unless prescribed by the GP for 4 times a day.
You can contact us using the school telephone number or by e-mail to
Special school Nurse leaflet