My name is Stephen Passey and I became Headteacher of John Watson School and Wheatley Nursery School in September 2013.
My vision is to provide outstanding 2-19 education underpinned by the following guiding principles:
- all children and young people have a right to feel safe and secure
- everyone should be valued for who they are and know they have a voice and will be listened to
- everyone has a right to be included within the wider community on equal terms
- learning should be stimulating, challenging and relevant for all
- staff should be ambitious about what they can achieve in their role and be empowered to impact on pupil outcomes
John Watson School and Wheatley Nursery School are fortunate to have dedicated staff teams with great energy and skill who are passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of those in their care.
Experience has taught me that reflective practice lies at the heart of school effectiveness. I also strongly believe that lasting success for all our pupils is all the more achievable given our strong partnerships and meaningful engagement with the wider community.
We appreciate very much the contribution you can offer.
BA (Hons), MEd, PGCE, NPQH